so according to ford it is normal for this engine to make its own oil?

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
friend of mine has a 2011 f350.hes been having nothing but problems with it from day 1.hes saying the major issues are caused by the regen.it goes into regen about everytime he drives it.

its dumping fuel into the crankcase.last oil change was 4 quarts overfull.ford says this is normal.all that fuel in the oil cant be good for it.he also says that its smoking during the regen but not everytime and it lasts about 20 seconds.

has about 21,000 miles on it.hes trying to get ford to buy it back but they wont.he tried to trade it in on a chevy but gm will only give 25,000.00 for trade in value,he just payed 50,000.00 for it.he cant use the lemon law since it doesnt apply to commercial vehicles and ford is classifying it as a CMV due to it being an f350.

anybody got some ideas on this?

Fine69

Reaction score
Try a different dealer. He has an injector hanging open. There shouldn't be anywhere near that much fuel added from Regens.

bushman134

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Had the same probs with my 2010. Tried the lemon law but no help there cause Ford could not duplicate the problem. Did a DPF/DOC delete and an 80 HP tune and all problems gone. The EPA junk is the usual culprit.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had the same probs with my 2010. Tried the lemon law but no help there cause Ford could not duplicate the problem. Did a DPF/DOC delete and an 80 HP tune and all problems gone. [The EPA junk is the usual culprit.]

[Aint That The truth]

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Yer onto somethin if yer makin yer own oil haha. Ford are geniuses!:lmao:watchout

pubs34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The extra oil, EPA says you are just fine, wish I could find the article again, they say the average diesel motor is good for about 125,000 miles and with all the regen crap these motors should last all the way up to 250,000 miles, see extra oil is good, you just doubled your engin life, gota love how the EPA is looking out for us and how they put the logic in there numbers.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
its been to 3 different dealers.how often should it go into the regen?

cant dump the emissions garbage due to it being a commercial vehicle it has to pass emissions testing and visual inspection.

pubs34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lot depends how you drive it, if you don't drive it very far it will keep going into regen till it finally finishes,so basically everytime you drive it. A couple times when i drove for short trips the wording changed and told me to drive till finished. At that point it would take no less than 20 minutes for it to finish.

pubs34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry,if it is driven like that I don;t have a answer, there were times mine went into regen once a week and then it would seem that the next time would be a couple weeks or so,there were times I ran a lot of short trips, but almost everytime it is driven does seem a bit much. Good Luck....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64