some help with mods

06f350

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
This is a great site, have learned alot. Well my question is i have a 2006 ford f350 6.0 and would like to do a couple of mods to it and thought i would get some feedback from you guys as to what is the best bang for the buck and what is just a waste of money. I wanted to put a new exaust system on maybe a 4" and i was looking at bullydog. Is this a good brand? If not can you give me some systems that are out there that are good. I also wanted to get a cold air intake system and have heard alot of different names being thrown around out there, what are some good ones not so good and so on. I am not going to be getting a programmer I guess to worried about the whole warrenty thing. All of the help is appreciated.
brent

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
I have only done the intake and exhaust. I am sure Bullydog is good as several people here have it. I, after A LOT of research, went with a 4" turbo back system from Tymar and got their intake at the same time. I love it and get comments on the sound frequently. I also notice response improvements. Dale spent over an hour talking to me about the options and helping me decide size, style, etc. www.tymarperformance.com will show you his phone number - the site is only one page of contact information. There are a ton of options so do your own research and pick what you like the best but I recommend Dale.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
welcome to the board
i had a magna flow on teh 02 and we have a mbrp 4" on the boss
seems to keep me smiling
nice rumble at speeds and a very nice turbo whine jus toff idle
fit and finish as with most is good, takes a few adjust runs to get it all aligned but not to hard

Reaction score
MBRP is a favorite of a lot of people - you can click on the sponsors/advertise links at the top of the page and pick one that carries them - DPP for example. I have helped install a lot of them and they go together very nice and sound great. I personally went with the SilverLine exhaust - pretty much the same thing.

As for the intake - there is nothing wrong with your stock Donaldson filter system. It will give you the best balance of both filtration and flow. Since your not going to mod with a tuner, etc - it's my opinion that all your doing is tossing money out that you could spend eleswhere. You should get at least 20K miles and even up to 40K per filter - so don't go changing or thinking that it needs to go every 10K or so. I have 20K on mine right now and according to my Auto Enginenuity program - it should be good for another 20K at least.
It's a great filter - no need to change it.

Have fun with the truck and welcome to SDD :sweet

Ron

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14