some old - some new

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
INFO:

we all know things about this engine, but has anyone heard about the cab-off quick dis-connect fittings. if i recall, someone mentioned this might be a good idea after i had showed my cab off photos.

Rumors say.......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

here are the rumors on the new motor....some of it is for sure, most of it is hearsay from "good" sorces.....

the motor will be 6.4 liters, the same bare block as the 6.0, bored to 6.4. the biggest changes will be that this motor will be twin turbo.....and it will be common rail, high pressure fuel actuation for the injectors. it will take approx. 35,000 psi max to run the injectors, as opposed to the roughly 3000 the high pressure oil runs right now. projected HP is 350 and projected torque is 650, holding over 600 ft/lbs for over a thousand RPM range......it will run roughly 90% cleaner than its 04 counterpart with tailpipe emmisions being so clean you should not even get soot on it. it will be designed for cab off repair, with the body bolts coming from the bottom instead of the current configuration of having to pull the bolts from inside the cab, as well as fewer electrical connections that run from the chassis to the body and quck release brake lines to assist with lifting the cab quicker........also, with the elimination of the high pressure oil system, the oil will be used less throughout the combustion process, but oil capacity will stay the same, thus creating a longer oil change interval. it is being said that 10k will be the number, which means you should probably do it every 6-7500k......

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg