sonnax accumulator valve and tricumulator spring vs. Bullydog

erlong

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just installed a Factory Tech Valve Body in my '00 Excursion and would recommend researching it if you are in the market for shift improvements:

http://www.factorytechtransmissions.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2

The description of the product is an interesting read at the above link. Here's an install article, too. -popcorn

The 1st to 2nd shift can be a little hard for my liking at times, but overall, I'm quite pleased with it. I'm in the market for a chip again and one important note is that this valve body is designed to be used with a chip WITHOUT any transmission provisions (i.e. shouldn't use a chip that has increased line pressure).

kwazyca

Sesquipedalian
Reaction score
erlong said:
I'm in the market for a chip again and one important note is that this valve body is designed to be used with a chip WITHOUT any transmission provisions (i.e. shouldn't use a chip that has increased line pressure).

Go to DP Tuner

Jody Tipton burns each chip to your specific vehicle and needs. He talks with you at length about your truck and what you want it to do. All of the others sell you off the shelf burns designed for 100's of trucks.

He can also either re-burn your PCM with a econo/towing program, or sell you another programmed PCM. This allows you to keep your stock untouched PCM for warranty issues.

I have his 6 position chip and I love it. I had a BullyDog before and Jody's chip makes it look sad.

Positions:

1)Valet (75% of stock power): For when anyone else is driving my truck.
2)Stock
3)High Idle: For winching or charging batteries.
4)Economy: Maximum mileage (great program).
5)75HP: Daily driver.
6)120 HP: Race time!!! :thumbs :tu: ;tu

Hope this helps,

Tom

bigdaddyTank

Who's your Bigdaddy?
Reaction score
Eric has an Excursion Tom, so going to DP wont help him any since Jody doesnt have anything for the Excursions and the PATS, or at least anything he was willing to offer me except that he may have somthing for them in the future :dunno Same issue I just went through and the reason I went with TS, it works with the Excursions. So far I'm lovin my TS 6 position, have not had any issues at all.

kwazyca

Sesquipedalian
Reaction score
bigdaddyTank said:
Eric has an Excursion Tom, so going to DP wont help him any since Jody doesnt have anything for the Excursions and the PATS, or at least anything he was willing to offer me except that he may have somthing for them in the future :dunno Same issue I just went through and the reason I went with TS, it works with the Excursions. So far I'm lovin my TS 6 position, have not had any issues at all.

Sorry, Should have caught that. :sorry :sorry

I didn't know about the Excursion/P.A.T.S. problem.

My bad.

erlong

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
bigdaddyTank said:

Are most of these chips made by the same manufacturer? The multi-position dial looks similar.

I'm debating on 4-position vs. 6-position. I'm not sure that I need 6 positions. The Valet mode doesn't interest me, but the high-idle is very attractive...as are the stock, tow, and daily driving setting.

Is the economy setting that much of a difference?

bigdaddyTank

Who's your Bigdaddy?
Reaction score
I heard that the 6 positions are all made by the same manufacturer, its all in the tuning thats loaded into them. My TS has Stock, high idle, 50, 70, 100, and 140HP settings. So far I have done most of my daily driving on the 70 mode. The power is great but the EGT's dont climb like they do with the 100 and 140. I cant say really on how well if any improvments there are in the fuel milage, I have only had it in for less than a week and I'm still "experimenting" with the power settings :sweet Eventually Ill stop that and see what I can get on average with the different settings. I know Blackcloud sells 4 position chips but I got mine from TS and the 4 position was the same as the 6. They said the Theft light will blink a little longer after starting up and it does blink for about a minute or 2 then goes out. I havent had any cold starting issues that I heard some chips can cause with the PATS.

erlong

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
bigdaddyTank said:
I heard that the 6 positions are all made by the same manufacturer, its all in the tuning thats loaded into them. My TS has Stock, high idle, 50, 70, 100, and 140HP settings. So far I have done most of my daily driving on the 70 mode. The power is great but the EGT's dont climb like they do with the 100 and 140. I cant say really on how well if any improvments there are in the fuel milage, I have only had it in for less than a week and I'm still "experimenting" with the power settings :sweet Eventually Ill stop that and see what I can get on average with the different settings. I know Blackcloud sells 4 position chips but I got mine from TS and the 4 position was the same as the 6. They said the Theft light will blink a little longer after starting up and it does blink for about a minute or 2 then goes out. I havent had any cold starting issues that I heard some chips can cause with the PATS.

I would choose the 70HP mode too, for daily driving. Have you towed with the chip installed, yet? I think I would probably go back to stock mode for any towing. I don't know that I'd run in 50HP mode. And if I needed the extra power, I'm not sure how I'd choose between 100 or 140. What's the value in having a 100HP and a 140HP setting other than "just because you can?"

bigdaddyTank

Who's your Bigdaddy?
Reaction score
erlong said:
....What's the value in having a 100HP and a 140HP setting other than "just because you can?"
LOL Yup and the look on the face of this guy in a Hemi I smoked a couple days ago was priceless, DUDE you got beat by a SUV! :roflmao

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58