Help Needed Squeaking in front end...

ponyexpress94

Diesel Power Junkie
Reaction score
Happy New Year everyone!!!

As the weather has turned colder my truck has developed a sound in the front suspension when it is cycled, for example, when going over speed bumps. The best description that I can provide is that it sounds like a groan and squeak combined, sort of like a old matress sound. I crawled underneath the truck and found all four of the front sway bar end link bushings broken and leaking. I replaced both links but the problem has not been corrected. The truck (listed in my signature below) has 40,000 miles on it and has the FX4 suspension. My next thought was going to be the shocks, but that will be a more expensive guess and I'm afraid to make that leap.

For the life of me, I can't find a thread posted by BamaSixGun, where I recall him having a very similar sounding problem. I remember the thread because a few members thought the description of the sound was funny, but I can't find the thread to reference for the member recommended solution. Any help would be appreciated guys. Thanks in advance.

MattM

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i replaced my shocks and still have the same noises as you describe.

ponyexpress94

Diesel Power Junkie
Reaction score
Sway bar bushings? Just a thought.

Patrick, I assume you mean the bushings for the sway bar that are mounted on the axle?

I used lube in my bushings but still have the noise.

Matt, are the axle mounted sway bar bushings the ones you put grease on? I assume you just lubed the original bushings or do you have aftermarket poly bushings?

Thanks guys.

MattM

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Yes, the stock type bushings which had been replaced 30K miles ago.

Matt, are the axle mounted sway bar bushings the ones you put grease on? I assume you just lubed the original bushings or do you have aftermarket poly bushings?

Thanks guys.[/QUOTE]

ponyexpress94

Diesel Power Junkie
Reaction score
Last weekend I changed the axle mounted bushings that the sway bar rides in and the squeak is gone!!! Thanks to all who wrote in with suggestions.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
referring to these!!!! i too (along w/ lots of other) had this problem... and yup, new ones used w/ the snot style lube they send in the kit takes care of any squeaking...:sweet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim