Stacking programs

metallakid

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have a 2000 F250 powerstroke auto and was curious if you could stack a programmer with a 6 position chip. I know my truck has the forged rods so it can handle more power but i didnt know if the 2000 was capable of that.

Thanks,
Justin

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You wont see much gains due to most programmers uping the ICP to the max anyway :dunno . Save your money for water injection :sweet or propane :eek: , or injectors ;) , or HPOP :thumbs , or ------------------ DOES IT EVER STOP!!! :roflmao

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
No you can not. Pick one or the other.

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fire1 said:
No you can not. Pick one or the other.

Yes you can stack a chip with a EZ edge or something else that modifies the ICP signal ;) , you just wont see much if any gain out of it :sorry .

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
CSIPSD said:
Yes you can stack a chip with a EZ edge or something else that modifies the ICP signal ;) , you just wont see much if any gain out of it :sorry .

You are correct on that point. You can stack an ICP "box" (Egde, SP, or 10K mod) with a chip, I have that now. And I do see incresed throttle response, likely no top end though. But, that is not what he asked. He asked if a chip and a programmer could be stacked. The ICP type mods ARE NOT programmers. The Super Chips, Predator, etc are programmers. They remove your factory calibration and insert theirs while saving the factory settings in their memory to be put back in later to return to stock. The ICP boxes simply (per my understanding) modify the ICP signal the PCM sees to force it to increase ICP. Someone correct me if any of this is wrong. :cool:

JimmyDee

God Bless America
Reaction score
Fire1 said:
You are correct on that point. You can stack an ICP "box" (Egde, SP, or 10K mod) with a chip, I have that now. And I do see increased throttle response, likely no top end though. But, that is not what he asked. He asked if a chip and a programmer could be stacked. The ICP type mods ARE NOT programmers. The Super Chips, Predator, etc are programmers. They remove your factory calibration and insert theirs while saving the factory settings in their memory to be put back in later to return to stock. The ICP boxes simply (per my understanding) modify the ICP signal the PCM sees to force it to increase ICP. Someone correct me if any of this is wrong. :cool:
You are 100% correct. Loading a programmer will increase HP but will be over ridden with a chip, giving you the HP increase of the chip or the programmer but not both. I'm told about 15 HP of the 10k type mod will be added if stacked with a chip or programmer. The lower the chip HP, the greater the HP increase in a stacked situation.
Jim

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim