Stalling issue

hawkdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a friend with an '01 w/auto trans. He says when cold everything is normal. Once it gets to normal temp he said it stalls if you stop and then accelerate like from a stop light. He also said that when he gets home and parks in his driveway (with a slight incline up) that as he gets the tranny in park it dies also. Very weird. Any thoughts??

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
I have a friend with an '01 w/auto trans. He says when cold everything is normal. Once it gets to normal temp he said it stalls if you stop and then accelerate like from a stop light. He also said that when he gets home and parks in his driveway (with a slight incline up) that as he gets the tranny in park it dies also. Very weird. Any thoughts??

1st thing I'd check would be fuel pump pressure at idle as well as going down the road. If the fuel level is around 1/4 tank or less, add some fuel to the tank and see if the situation improves. If so, he's a candidate for a "Hutch" mod.

The next thing would be some data logging with an AutoEnginuity program on a laptop while the truck is being driven to locate out of normal parameters.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I'd have to tell you to check the trans fluid as well.

Seriously.

hawkdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Friend said tranny fluid was good. Drove it to the delaer and they put it on the 'puter. Said the #1 and #8 injectors weren't performing up to snuff. Gave him some Wynn's stuff to run for three tank fulls. He said it hasn't done it since putting the Wynn's in.......Dirty injectors???

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Friend said tranny fluid was good. Drove it to the delaer and they put it on the 'puter. Said the #1 and #8 injectors weren't performing up to snuff. Gave him some Wynn's stuff to run for three tank fulls. He said it hasn't done it since putting the Wynn's in.......Dirty injectors???

good chance.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58