Starter Options

BLUKTY

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I would really appreciate some advise on a replacement starter. I put a Super Duty starter (two hole mount) from DB Electrical in my '97 Heavy Duty (three hole mount) a few years ago and I really like the faster turnover speed and it has worked great- so far. But I am pretty sure that this starter is a Chinese k/off and I don't trust it for the long haul. Nothing against DB Electrical- the price was great and the service was fine- but I don't need to be stranded in a remote area with a dead starter.

Any advice on a long lasting, heavy duty starter? Have any of you tried the Alliant Power AP83000 (http://alliantpower.com/starters.html)?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions! Pete

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Your link has a couple of extra letters/symbols at the end. Remove the " )? " and it works.

Dave

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alliant is one of the OE suppliers for many of the components on our engines. They are going to be OE quality parts.

Be careful judging the parts simply on the country of origin. Both good and bad come out of China the only way to know for sure is to do critical measurements of the internal components to see if the mfg specs were simply to allow it to work or work for the long term.

BLUKTY

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the information Brandon. It sounds like I couldn't really go wrong with an Alliant starter if they are an OEM. And I agree with you that any country can make good or bad products. But all and all, my experience with products made in China has not been overly impresive, to say the least. Maybe (hopefully!) these starters are built to last. Pete

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58