Starter Rebuild Kit

dboyw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone make one for my truck? I have done some quick searches but unable to find anything.

Thanks

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I have never heard of a starter rebuild kit. I would doubt it as it requires some electrical skills that most regular customers don't have. You can get the drive gear and springs at a parts store.

Dave :)

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
Back in the 60's when I first started messing with car and trucks you could buy each individual piece to rebuild an alt. generator, or starter. I still have a small lathe that was used to cut down the area that the brushes ran on. Haven't rebuilt any for many years other than the bearings on alts. Nowdays it just seems like its more cost wise to replace than rebuild because of the high labor. Good luck on finding parts

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Back in the 60's when I first started messing with car and trucks you could buy each individual piece to rebuild an alt. generator, or starter. I still have a small lathe that was used to cut down the area that the brushes ran on. Haven't rebuilt any for many years other than the bearings on alts. Nowdays it just seems like its more cost wise to replace than rebuild because of the high labor. Good luck on finding parts
I just sold one and a growler on craigsllist.. sold it to a guy that restores Packards..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track