Stealth Module

Discussion in '6.7L PowerStroke Engine & Drivetrain' started by Steve Edwards, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Steve Edwards

Steve Edwards SDD Junior Member

I am looking for comments and performance data on mpg changes when purchasing and installing a Stealth Module on a 2013 Powerstroke Turbo 6.7
    I am averaging around 13 or so in town and 15-16 on highway. I will be towing a 14,000 lb. 5th wheel from Michigan to Arizona in end of December and would like to get better mileage. Pulling trailer from Virginia to Michigan in September, I averaged between 8.5-10.
    Truck has 99,000 miles on it, and will not spend 2500. to delete. Would like to keep stock.

2. 79jasper

79jasper Full Access Member

Not a lot of point in tuning, if you aren't deleting.
    You will almost never gain mileage from tuning alone. Mileage is controlled by your right foot.
    The advantage of deleting is free-er growing exhaust, as well as weight savings.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

3. 01yellerCobra

01yellerCobra Full Access Member

How fast are you going on the highway to only get 16mpg? Are you up on the usual maintenance? Filters, fluids, etc.

4. Steve Edwards

Steve Edwards SDD Junior Member

I usually do 65-70 on highway. I baby all my vehicles.

5. 01yellerCobra

01yellerCobra Full Access Member

That's probably your problem. You can't baby these things. Put your foot in it. Let the turbo spool. These trucks like to work. I get 18-20mpg on the highway doing 75mph. I get 14ish around town.