Still sad

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Well, on 5-7-10, it was 6 months ago I sold the old girl.

I am still not over it. Kinda silly I guess. Not a day goes by I don't miss my truck.

The crazy idea of getting one of the new 2011 models has been creeping in my head. I know I can't afford one, but I guess I can still dream. :D

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been with out my truck for over month now and it's killing me.....So I know your pain. Bill said it should be ready on the 14th, but I still dont have the cash ready so it will sit there till I do. Was not ready for a $7500 new motor for the truck.

jestersv

7.3 addict
Reaction score
I know your pain just sold my old beater truck had the old girl from 7500 miles sold her with 189*** 91 ford 1/2 ton with the straight 6 gonna miss the old girl sitting in the driveway it could sit 6 mo. and it would start right up.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
The crazy idea of getting one of the new 2011 models has been creeping in my head. I know I can't afford one, but I guess I can still dream. :D

Believe it or not, I'm rather intrigued by the new SD w/ 6.7 motor. I was watching some videos where they went head to head with a Dodge Cummins and a GM Duramax and the new Ford build motor kicked their butts in MPG, towing acceleration and trailer sway control.

If one can work on it without having to take the body & fenders off the frame, they might have a winner. But I still think the front end is rather fugly.

Who knows, maybe when I finish school, get my A&P license and get working again-----

Last edited:

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
I dont think i could get rid of any of my vehicles. I've never sold any of my cars or trucks. I've only sold dirtbikes and atvs. Too many memories. Hang in there, maybe later on down the road you can buy it back. Seen many stories about that.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Clint, we had to go thru some major financial changes back last year in November.

I slashed about 2500.00 off the overhead and my truck was one of things that had to go.

I paid it off from Ford, but 2 months later I had to borrow on it to keep things going. I had to turn my 2007 Peterbilt back to the financial company and just really thought I was gonna loose my mind. There were many nights I cried like a baby, scared to death worrying about things I had no control over.

I thought I was gonna loose everything I had, but I got thru it. With the good Lord's help, my loving wife, my parents and many other good people in my life, I got thru it.

Plus, I really just spent to much money on that truck. I really believe I was addicted to it like a drug. There were times that I would spend money on it I didn't have, when there were more important things. I just lost track of that and I had to make a change.

I had to get it as far away from me as I could, so I wouldn't spend money on it.

Business has really been good since I made those changes. We have knocked a lot of debt out of the way, the financing company on the Pete sold it to a friend that we know, so I got about 200 grand out of my hair. I was prepared to pay for it however I could. It was my responsibility to do that if it came down to it. I just couldn't make the payments anymore. I kept getting deeper and deeper in the hole with it. Turning it back in was an answered prayer and I am thankful they found another buyer and financed it for him.

I have a much clearer mind now and the future is bright if it's the Lord's will.

I have a lot of fond memories of that truck, and who knows, there could be another in my future when the finances are in a much better place.

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
Wow.:eek: I had no idea Stephen. And thanks for sharing. It's good for me to have a reality check every once in a while. I'm really glad to see that you are getting back on your feet and i'll be thinking about you and keeping you in our prayers. That is a very scary thing to not know if you can provide for your wife and children. Luckily, since i'm in the military, I've never experienced it firsthand. But it's makes me cringe just thinking about it.

And i know exactly what you mean with the addiction thing too. My wife is always nagging me about my truck, so I've had to tone it down a bit, but it's hard. I really have to watch myself. That sure is crazy about your Peterbilt.

Just remember that you have a family here too. If you need anything, don't be afraid to ask.:sweet

Stay safe.

Clint

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I love my SDD family. I know all of y'all got my back if I need anything.

We are doing really good right now. Just taking it 1 day at a time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64