Strange New problem

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a new odd issue with with my truck. I had an EGR Delete installed on my truck. This delete kit removed the EGR Cooler, replaced the passenger up-pipe and left the EGR in place and connected to the harness. Before the delete the truck was running fine. Now I have a strange surging and occasional stumble. It has died a couple times when at idle, in-gear either at a stop, or rolling through a parking lot.

The surge issue feels like the throttle is being stabbed, but is almost instantaneous. IT seems to happen more when the engine is cold, but have had it happen after a 100 mile trip.....

I do have a check engine light with the following codes:

P006A - This is some kind of Mass Airflow Sensor issue

P0401 - EGR Flow Insufficient

P0404 - EGR Control Circuit Range/Performance

P0405 - EGR Sensor A Circuit Low

P2285 - ICP Sensor Circuit Low

I am at a loss what at is causing the problem. The Fuel, Oil, Oil Filter, and Fuel Filters have less than 5000 miles on the, The FICM was repaired last year. The Mass Air Sensor has just been cleaned. The wire harness was checked over and there is no wiring issues. Hopefully someone out there has heard of this, and knows what the fix is.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Did you add a tuner or change the ECM program to eliminate the EGR? Your truck probably still thinks the EGR is still there, but not performing.

Dave :dunno

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have no tune in the truck at all. The strange thing is, for the last 3 or 4 months before the delete the EGR Valve was unplugged from the harness. I had not trouble at all with it this way. Something is strange now that the EGR Cooler has been removed and the EGR Valve plugged back in. I have an old enough truck, unplugging the EGR does not set a CEL.... I may try and unplug the EGR Valve and see if that changes anything........

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you add a tuner or change the ECM program to eliminate the EGR? Your truck probably still thinks the EGR is still there, but not performing.

Dave :dunno

Does your tune have the EGR delete in it already?

What they asked.

Maybe a DUH.. But it sounds like your PCM/ECM doesn't know about the EGR delete. Whala.. It detects EGR issues, trys to correct them (performance issues), then sets the codes your getting.

Joe

Re; your new post: JMO but yul need a EGR delete tune. It may have just taken TIME for the ECM to Finaly detect the EGR delete ?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track