Question Sub woofer enclosure

Seabass

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
A guy I work with who is a stereo geek told me of a sub enclosure that replaces the center seat in the front bench. Problem is he forgot the brand name/manufacturer. Any on know what he's talking about?

AK Rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out crutchfield.com. They have a couple different sub boxes specific to the SUper Duty to choose from

Seabass

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the links. santa may be getting those links forwarded to her:D

08SuperDiesel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Break Out The tools!

I got a 08 Quad Cab 350. I put in a Rockford Fosgate 10" shallow sub. Worked out pretty good. Sub is behind back seat passenger side, amp faces center seat. This leaves enough space to throw the carhartts behind the driver side back seat. If you were serious about this I could possibly dig up the dimentions of what I built. I purposely bought a truck without the power rear (center) window as the motor takes up a lot of room. If you have one, you may need to put the amp on behind the drivers side of the back seat. Good Luck:D

gregmc720

GrEgGy BoY
Reaction score
If you could put the speaker box specs up it would be greatly appreciated. Im going to be buying the rockford shallow sub. Thanks again
I got a 08 Quad Cab 350. I put in a Rockford Fosgate 10" shallow sub. Worked out pretty good. Sub is behind back seat passenger side, amp faces center seat. This leaves enough space to throw the carhartts behind the driver side back seat. If you were serious about this I could possibly dig up the dimentions of what I built. I purposely bought a truck without the power rear (center) window as the motor takes up a lot of room. If you have one, you may need to put the amp on behind the drivers side of the back seat. Good Luck:D

08SuperDiesel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Give me a day or so to get them. I should warn you of a couple things that you may want to consider. Installation will be a pain in the rear. In order to get this box into place correctly as it fits very snug, the removal of the rear seats is required; and after the box is in place, it is near impssible to get them back in, but it is doeable. If you go with my design you will likely be cursing me during installation; however I like it because it is out of the way and gives me the sound. If you like to "blow" subs or test many different ones, remember, seats come out every time just to remove the sub and this was the hardest part of the install. Another payoff, I can gaurantee the average crook will not get away with my sub. Also, if you use Rockford's metal ring that goes around it, it will tear up the back of the seat (something I deal with, see attached pic.) I just don't put the back down often. If you do not use it, I am sure it will prevent this, and I would just recommend spacing the box from the seat with additional wood to prevent the sub from making too much contact with the seat. Come to think of it I should have just done that; it is my only regret of the install.

Additional idea - remote turn on w/ factory aux switch.

08SuperDiesel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
OK here goes it. If you want a drawing of what it looks like let me know and I can do it, I will just need to scan it in at work. I also extended the back to give me a place to mount the amp. I believe the width of the enclosure perfectly fits between the passenger rear seat frame.
Outside dimentions:
Top Depth: 2 1/4"
Bottom Depth: 8"
Height:13 1/2"
Width: 18"
This leaves the inside dimentions to be:
Top Depth: 3/4"
Bottom Depth: 6.5"
Height:12"
Width: 16 1/2"
This will give you a volume of 0.415 cubic feet. Rockford's P3SD210 and P3SD410 (both shallow 10" subs) allows 0.4 to 1 cubic feet. This being a smaller enclosure, you will get a "tighter" bass - better for rock music as opposed to rap, where you would typically want a larger enclosure.

As for the install, I remember the hard part being installing the bolt that holds the frame and the inner two back rests together. I believe I had to go in through the crack of seat (where the back and bottom come together) just to install the bolt.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance and I hope my design doesn't cause you too much trouble if you use it.:D

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here is my alternative to trying to get one behind the seat ,, dang I need to clean my leather :doh: lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58