comment Super Duty Bed Rails Rot

RonR

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 2008 F250 CC that the bed rails underneath are almost completely rotted away. It looks like if I put 100 lbs in the bed it would collapse. The truck is in immaculate condition except for this......only has 100k on it and is used for personal use, never even towed a trailer! tried to get in touch with Ford but that's kind of useless..... any one else out there have this issue? I see there are kits to replace the rails but mine is too far gone for that... bed replacement is $3k - $4k- would think Ford should have a program on this.... not just it's "out of perforation warranty!"

NAVYSNIPER

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 2008 F250 CC that the bed rails underneath are almost completely rotted away. It looks like if I put 100 lbs in the bed it would collapse. The truck is in immaculate condition except for this......only has 100k on it and is used for personal use, never even towed a trailer! tried to get in touch with Ford but that's kind of useless..... any one else out there have this issue? I see there are kits to replace the rails but mine is too far gone for that... bed replacement is $3k - $4k- would think Ford should have a program on this.... not just it's "out of perforation warranty!"

Ron, Get used to it with all the salt they use on the highways and the area you live in NJ salty air it won't be long before the rest of your truck rots away. All this week I have been repairing mine by removing the bed ordering the rail supports, removing the old ones welding the spot weld holes shut, tack welding the new ones on and replacing the bed back on the truck. Mine is a 2001 F 250 SD all because of the salt they use here in PA and the Inspection laws, I don't carry any loads in my bed at all.
I paid $345.00 for my bed supports free shipping that doesn't include all the pain in the a%% tearing everything apart to repair it. All in all it really isn't that bad to do if you have a few friends to help you lift the bed off the truck, and someone can tack a few welds to the support rails till you mount it back on the frame.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64