Supercab sub boxes

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what size subs everybody was running in their supercabs, and where they have them mounted? I have seen some custom boxes on ebay that supposedly holds two tens under the back seat but its gotta stick way out in the floor board, cause I found some old 8" truck boxes I had behind the seat in a regular cab yota and they stick way the heck out in the floor.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
space is tight...in my 96 (obs, xtra cab) i raised the seat 2inches
and STILL was NOT able fit an 8inch tube under the seat !

the trend now is to turn the speakers on their face or back....but
many subs are now 6 inches PLUS in mounting depth.

measure the depth and then add up the thickness of the wood and
then whats left over will be the MAXIMUM speaker size that will
fit under the rear seat.

investegate some of the new SHALLOW (aka FLAT) mount subs from
Pioneer, JL Audio and others.

depending on the type of front seat set up you have...you might consider
something like --> JL Audio: Products OR JL Audio: Products OR JL Audio: Products

the problem w/ the JL front <center> seat boxes is they render the
front seat nearly un-usable <aka hard as a rock>...theyre expensive boxes
and they use the OLDEST speakers that JL Offers <imo theyre over priced>
and you can probably get some shop to build you a better box for less $

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The depth was not really the problem, but I was looking at the kicker shallow subs. The thing I'm seeing is that the height is the problem. The boxes stick out to far from under the seat. I had seen another idea in crutchfield that held a sub in a box that went in the middle in between the front and back seats. Anybody got that one and what do they think about it? Thanks for the info bushpilot.

stockton2007

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i have used the compvt (shallow mount) subs in a few applications. they are pretty musical and can produce a pretty deep note for being a 10" and so shallow.

check out audioenhancers (its a company that makes custom boxes for trucks - - - great products!)

the jl stealth boxes are very nice as well... kinda expensive tho.

mtx makes one too... called the thunderform

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was in contact with crutchfield yesterday and I think thats what I'll probably go with is the mtx thunderforms.

Reaction score
no that thing is way underpowered. Just took one out of my buddies f150 supercab. Replaced it with 2 jl audio 10w3v3's. Fiberglass and wood is the way to go make the box to fit out of wood and get yer speaker depth with fiberglass. Put that together with a jl 500/1 and you'll be more than happy. Bushpilot will agree.

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wasnt going to get the thunderform with the amp, because I already have a one. Its gona be awhile before I make any moves in the speaker area. I just had the 8" box laying around and thought i would try it after a buddy was saling a 12 in small box and it wouldnt come anywhere close to fitting under the back seat. Like I said the main thing I'm looking for is something that doesnt stick way out in the floorboard. I've been down that route with a backseat full of speakers(had 2 12" kickers in one box and a 12" L7 solo baric beside it). Now that I've gotten older the space is more valuable! Thanks for the info.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put that together with a jl 500/1 and you'll be more than happy. Bushpilot will agree.

;tu

rooster - you using the 500/1 w/ the gain knob ?

i find it nice to be able to add some base when the
volume is down low...and then as i increase the volume
i end up turning the 500/1 down a little so that i can
keep things balanced (rather than have too much sub
@ the higher volume levels)

SUB-WOOFER-CONTROL.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64