SuperHitch 1997 to my current 2006 - Frame Rails Same ?

jwplunkett

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hello all and happy Super bowl weekend

Has the FORD F250 series of Trucks changed the Frame rail dimensions ?

The reason I asked is would a SuperHitch ( Torklift.com ) from a Ford F250 Model Yr 1997 fit my newer Ford F250 Model Yr 2006 ?

I understand that I may have to drill some holes to match older Superhitch --- but just attempting on gaining first step would in match up to Truck Frame rails ?

Then as you all can appreciate my next question or concern would drilling additional holes in my Model Yr 2006 weaken the SuperHitch and truck ?

Evaluating whether to take the time to swap Superhitches

Or just bite the bullet and purchase NEW superhitch for Model Yr 2006

As always many thanks in advance for your return web forum e-mails / inputs / suggestions / thoughts / recommendations

John from Colfax NC

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My friend went from a 1992 to a 2003 with his Superhitche.
Everything worked for him.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Are you using the superhitch just as a hitch or do you have the superhitch twin beam receiver extension? If you are using a extension I would recommend getting the proper hitch for your 2006. They do alot of testing to be sure the hitch and frame work together. If you just go to drilling holes you may end up with a weak connection. The 06' is a no-drill application where the 97' requires 10 holes to be drilled.

If you were not so far away I would make you an offer on your 97' superhitch but I am afraid shipping would be a killer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14