Surgery pics

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
Finally made time to get head studs and gaskets in shorty, kinda had to, was going through around a gallon of coolant every 100 miles of light towing. Got the engine tore apart early yesterday (started at 3 am :dizzy ) and heads and injectors sent out right away. Once you get the cab out of the way, working on these is a dream. Putting a new South Bend dual disk street clutch in right away, no more dual mass flywheel for me :sweet Here are some pictures
IMG_0921.jpg

I don't have a 2 post, but I do have a hoist
IMG_0922.jpg

Its a stacker, nice not to have to work under the cab
IMG_0923.jpg

Part of the solution
IMG_0924.jpg

Puking gaskets
IMG_0925.jpg

IMG_0926.jpg

IMG_0927.jpg

FIL's backup truck :D
IMG_0928.jpg

Last edited:

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great pictures Roy, keep us up dated on all you do to your truck.
Looks good.

Doug

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
NICE! I want a huge garage one day! My bother and I dont have a garages right now so we have to go to my parents to work on all of our toys. Drives my dad NUTS!

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
My cousin will be doin that to his 6.0 here soon at our shop. Sure does make it so much easier to work on it without that cab. My bro pulled the cab on his 98 F150 cause of a burnt valve. I thought it would be a pain to pull the cab. I would have just pulled the motor but after lookin at what all he had to do to pull the cab, that is the way to go! Just never thought it would be that easy. Was your truck burnin coolant or leaking it?

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
It was puking out the degas bottle. Eliminated the EGR cooler a while back to remove that possibility.

You guys admiring the big shop gotta remember I work in this thing every day for a living, otherwise I'd be doing it in my driveway like the rest of you. I also don't even own or rent a house. Yeah my wife really does love me :D

Forgot to mention the new tires on the rig from a couple months ago. They are 255/ 85 R16 Toyo M55's. Last set was M55 as well, but a 235/85. I like the extra height and weight capacity :sweet

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Wow........very impressive!!!

Tbar

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
So Roy, do you live in the RV inside the shop?
Doug

Well, sorta... as far as the town/ county zoning goes, we don't live here at all ;)

I work a lot, so I guess I live in the shop. Gotta park the RV inside to keep it from freezing, right? :D Wouldn't wanna buy gas all winter to heat it. We have a nice kitchen/ break room off the office. So I dunno, where do we live? :tounge

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track