Surging idle and rough running

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
davison1515 said:
Power range is the same, however, a new rumble, humming noise is coming from under the hood. Possibly the turbo, most notably between 1500 and 2000 grand. Scheduled for the new year, jan 4th is the dropoff date. I'll keep you posted. Have 29,000 on it, waiting for problem to cease, warranty to run out, and grab myself a chip :)

that rpm range sounds like the ever popular droan. the mbrp fixed about 90% of it
its all about resonance, so much going on under the hood some things eventually synch up and create some nice harmonics.
i call it the sound of POWER
and mash the go pedal to pas through the vibratory dance

davison1515

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i would agree with you to a certain extent, but not this noise. i have driven the truck with straight piped and the kitty. on neither occasions did it ever make the noise it is making now. i think the reflash mite have done something. interested to see the outcome....

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
one other place to check is teh down pipe where it attaches to teh kitty or kitty delete pipe. its very close the bolts that hold the crossmember on. mine took a few runs to get it all adjusted not to touch during the rpm sweep, and the body pinch weld just forward of that connection.
my mbrp was very very close there as well and would touch at agressive speeds ups

davison1515

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
my apologies robert, you were correct, the hanger from my kitty was hittin the the rail of the frame. wasnt the crossmember, but it was hitting the inside of the frame. thankfully the dealer was pretty cool and only charged me $99 for technician and 2 day car rental.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58