Suspension lift/fix

jflaig

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

A couple of days ago, I want out to my truck and realized that the truck was leaning to one side, so I looked at the rear suspension and noticed that I had broken a rear leaf. Now I am trying to determine whether or not I should fix just the one leaf or get a suspension lift kit with new rear leafs. I have listed both options below with my concerns and would like any and all advice. Thanks.

Fix Spring: about $400-500 installed
one fixes one side, not both

Lift kit: $900-1000 not installed
00-04 FORD SUPERDUTY DIESEL 6 INCH SUSPENSION LIFT KIT SPECIAL @ NTW
have to do myself
never installed a lift before

I am leaning more toward the lift, but since I have never installed one and my truck suspension has not been touched for 200k+ miles, I am afraid of how much work the lift will be. Has anyone used this brand lift, can anyone give any suggestions or advice about lifting a 2000 F350 that has not been touched in this long of time. I have been trying to search the forums for my answers with no avail. Please let me know what you think and if you have any questions or if you need more information please let me know. Thank you and I appreciate all of your help.

Joe

IHC Power

STOCK STROKE
Reaction score
Lift? Fix?

Your right ckamp52 that's cheap and rememeber you get what you pay for (quality) maybe someones using that lift on here but I had priced the same size lift from Suspension Connection including brake lines, shocks, trac bar bracket, hardware etc and it came to about $1,700. But that's not a very functional lift, it's more for looks than wheeling, a 6" lift built for wheeling would run you about $3,000. Choose wisely my friend.

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree. Replacement of OEM is always a good plan.

Tires, for example are going to run you 3-500 each for a 37.....believe me, I'm painfully aware. It also severely limits your ability to pull 5th wheels/goosenecks.

IMO, if you're going to lift it, go with a reputable manufacturer such as Rubicon Express or BDS and get the upgraded "gas" or monotube shocks. The shocks they normally send out with those kits are well....less than desirable. Shocks will make all the difference in the world for ride quality.

I am always leary of off brand stuff like that.

I've built 48 Jeeps now and 6 Super duties. I made the "cheapo" mistake once and only once. Never again.

Just my $0.02.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64