Sway Bar & Endlink Bushing Replacement????

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the front sway bar has load on it, i.e. do you need to have the front end off the ground to replace the sway bar and endlink bushings.

Also, does anyone know the torque requirements for replacement?

Tired of the clunking so I ordered some new ones from Energy Suspension and finally think I will have time (and weather) this weekend to replace them.

Thanks in advance.

Barrett

NevrKnow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your good to go Barrett. Nothing SHOULD explode when you unbolt them. Front no problem. The rears? Do yourself a favor and check the fuel tank side BEFORE you start wrenching back there. On my 02 I had to lower the tank just to get the top endlink bolt out. Sure hope you dont have to. Trying to save you a few minutes/cuss words.

And make sure you have some way to press out the fronts. They are built diff then the rears ( bolt.....rubber...metal sleeve) Rears will bang out with a hammer ( the bolts) rubber comes out with a screwdriver.

Last edited:

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
update:
barrett- i do not know of the torq req....i just cranked them down darn tight...
and yes, the front factories are a beeatch to remove....had to have ford press them out for me....once i just replaced them again, pushed out w/ hammer and punch....took 10 minutes total...

good luck

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64