Sway control

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
Just bought a new TT. Dealer is recommending that I upgrade my sway control. I currently use a single friction bar. Trailer is 34' and weighs a little over 9k loaded up. They sad that anything over 6k should have dual sway control. Is this a sales line or should I look at upgrading?

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have the load leveler for the TT right, then all you need is one swaybar.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With a 34 foot TT weighing 9000+ lbs loaded.. I'd go with an additional Sway Bar.

For the Safety of you & yours.. Good Insurance. (not to mention the piece of mind ?)

Joe

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
I haven't pulled it yet. It should be ready for me early next week. I currently have 1000# distribution bars and the single friction bar. My hitch head has a tab for the second friction bar on the driver side so it won't be too difficult to install.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't pulled it yet. It should be ready for me early next week. I currently have 1000# distribution bars and the single friction bar. My hitch head has a tab for the second friction bar on the driver side so it won't be too difficult to install.

;tu

That second tab would support the (possible) need, for longer/heavier trailers ?

A couple'a guys in our RV club have two.. and swear by them.. as compared.:dunno

Joe

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
EAZY lift has a P/N for a left side friction bar. I'll check with the dealer next time I am by there. I know a guy with the Hensley setup. He likes it but it's $$$$.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track