Switch unit on Brake pedal....

DougC

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Truck is '02 F250 7.3l Diesel 4 door cab.
The switch that is on the brake pedal is acting up. The little sucker sometimes makes a clicking noise under the dash, almost a muffled buzzing noise. It doesnt do it very often, but did it for about 10 min today, once the cab warmed up it quit. When I just touch the brake it goes away. From calling friends it sounds like a switch that goes to the torque converter possibly.
I guess I am looking for guidance as to keep driving the truck or get it fixed immediately. I have to drive 150 miles for work tomorrow and could get it fized while I am up there this week, but I dont want to do any damage to the Torque converter or tranny. It drove fine today, didnt notice anything alarming, but I dont want to damage something...
No idiot lights or warnings at all from the dash....
Hope this sounds familiar to someone.
Thanks in advance for any assistance!
DougC

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im not aware of any torque converter switch thats on the
brake pedal...

is the truck hard to get outta park ?

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
it's a "BOO" (Brake On-Off) switch, and it's tied into the cruise control, brake lights, turn signals, and transmission control circuits... they're cheap to buy and easy to replace... like the Nike commercials... just do it.
-edit-
and it's probably slipped in it's adjustment, causing the problem. But they don't ever hold if you try to re-adjust them...

DougC

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
thanks for the quick info

I guess my big questions is if it will cause problems while it is clicking away. It is going away, and of course I will replace it this week, just wondering in the scheme of things how important it is for the trip in the morning....

Thanks again,
DougC

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58