Help Needed Switching from Bully Dogg to SCT!!!

Tino578

The New Guy!
Reaction score
Can someone please help me out? I purchased a 04 f350 super can with a bully dog outlook display. now im trying to figure out if the computer has been flashed or if a chip was installed the truck goes like a bastard. I unplugged the outlook from the obd2 connector so it wouldn't work but still seems to have a lot of sack without the outlook connected could someone help me out im trying to find what i have.

PART2: Just purchased the sct x3 tuner. before I install it should I have ford put the factory flash back in it or should I pull the flash out and use that as my "factory Flash"? I'm guessing that its a bully dog flash seeing that there's an outlook. Anybody thought will help greatly

Thanks

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I am not sure about your tuner, but I helped a friend install one on his truck and what you end up doing is swapping the SCT tunes for the stock tunes. The stock tunes are stored in the SCT unit and they need to be re=installed to go back to stock. If I am wrong, some one will jump all over me about this.

Dave :)

Tino578

The New Guy!
Reaction score
The thing is there has to be tune already installed from bully dogg in it do I need to have ford put the original tune in it before i put the sct tunes in it?

Tino578

The New Guy!
Reaction score
Dave sorry for the over post i wont do it again i just dont know where to post my question to get correct answers. I wont do it again and thanks for your help so far

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should be able to go back to stock settings on the bully dog. Then put the SCT on. But you need to check to see if your PCM has been chipped with something else. My 04 had a chip on the PCM when I got it from the dealer. I did not know this untill, I put the tuner on it and the PCM crashed. The truck ran like a bat out of hell until then.

Tino578

The New Guy!
Reaction score
Talked to bully dogg today they said without the BD tripple dogg tuner I cant put my truck back to stock unless I go to the dealer and have it re flashed. has anyone flashed a tune with another tune? what will it do? In other words hook uo the SCT pull the current tune that i have out and install the sct preloaded tune.

Thanks Again!

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Talked to bully dogg today they said without the BD tripple dogg tuner I cant put my truck back to stock unless I go to the dealer and have it re flashed. has anyone flashed a tune with another tune? what will it do? In other words hook uo the SCT pull the current tune that i have out and install the sct preloaded tune.

Thanks Again!

Yes,It's called stacking and it's not a good thing. Your PCM may crashed.

Tino578

The New Guy!
Reaction score
Had ford put the factory flash back into the truck what a dog it is. Got Home from picking it up and there it was a bright gleaming UPS box sitting on the door step. I updated the SCT on the PC and installed the performance flash. I have to say whatever flash was installed in it before was crazy. The preloaded flash doesn't even come close to what was in there before but that's OK. The SCT feels like more of an overall power where the older flash was more of a low end flash because I could barley keep the tires on the ground. The other thing too is no more Big puffs of black smoke! I would like to find a list of other flashes i could purchase anyone have and recommendations? Also does anybody have any personal setting for the performance flash that they like that I could tweak mine? Thanks again

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58