Sync Radio

01yellerCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else had an issue with the radio randomly turning off when driving? I have the Sync system with the touch screen. Naturally when I mention it at the dealership they have no idea what I'm talking about and it never acts up when it's there for work. I've started using my GoPro while driving to try and catch it happening. I've searched online but I haven't found anything.

DBHLAW

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else had an issue with the radio randomly turning off when driving? I have the Sync system with the touch screen. Naturally when I mention it at the dealership they have no idea what I'm talking about and it never acts up when it's there for work. I've started using my GoPro while driving to try and catch it happening. I've searched online but I haven't found anything.
Yes - mine randomly will not work upon sync with bluetooth. I always turn off radio and turn back on to work. I have had the dealer tell me unable to duplicate, and no known complaints. I do know that it is not the phone because have changed phones and even had happen when no phone in truck. Good Luck.

01yellerCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine never has an issue with the bluetooth. The radio itself will randomly turn off. It's like driving under a bridge while listening to Sirius. Only the music doesn't come back.

dpetrlak

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Going under a bridge isn't TURNING OFF, that's losing the Signal.
Now I had the Sync in my 14 F-150. It would from time to time SEEM to go out or turn-off. But Patience prevailed. Most of the time it was trying to do DIAGNOSTICS on the truck and send info to Ford, which sent info & suggestions for updates, maint, etc back to me via e-mail. But about a yr or so ago I got a message they weren't supporting that anymore. Now, I don't know if that's due to the truck that was 4 yrs old or they quit the program. But the radio still tried to do diagnostics.

But that only took a couple of minutes.

01yellerCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow. Old thread resurrection. I said it's like when the radio loses the signal. I wasn't under a bridge when it happened. The radio just turned off. I would have to push the power button to turn it back on. One of the times it was in for another issue they flashed one of the modules because of issues with the HVAC. It hasn't done it since then.

I got the same message about the truck not being supported anymore.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58