Tags

FordMastertech

Ford Guru
Reaction score
I have just ordered the Tags 1&2 is anyone have any input on what these things will do especially for towing? I have heard good things about them for the lower to mid range power and fuel mileage improvements. :thanks
FMT

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FordMastertech said:
I have just ordered the Tags 1&2 is anyone have any input on what these things will do especially for towing? I have heard good things about them for the lower to mid range power and fuel mileage improvements. :thanks
FMT

FMT, I got in on the TAGs near the very beginning, I think. I bought the (at the time) TAG... from DPP, installed it. What I saw was, a faster, smoother spool up of the turbo, and more responce to throttle inputs, especaily when towing.

While on a coast to coast trip towing my FW, I took it out, just to see if I could tell a difference of ANY kind. I put it right back in at the next fill-up. It DID make a difference, an overall difference. A Smoother, more efficient, powerfull, responciveness thru the whole power curve.

It's not a YAHOO, HANG ON'n SHUT UP thing. Just MUCH, MUCH better.

MPG increase ? Some. Because of less radical throttle needs. Empty: 1 to 3. Towing: 1 to 2...... but terrain factors impact.

Then came the TAG II. Bought one. IT enhances the TAG 1, the biggest, noticeable thing : WAY less smoke (Soot on my toys). Hardly, if any Smoke.

In a Nut Shell ? the TAGs are an AIR MANAGEMENT ENHANCEMENT. They straiten out the intake air, into a more laminar flow, allowing the turbo to more effectively injest and thereby compress it, more efficiently.

Some have said there is a small loss at the high or low end (not sure which). If there is (?) I can't tell it. But, my set-up is for towing only. (Well the occasional Ricer maybe :rolleyes: ;)

Obviously I'm a TAG Fan but, My .03

There is a real good write-up about the TAGs at www.dieselpowerproducts.com

JOE

I do some 7.3 install/tweaking work on the side. I usually install the TAGs with an aftermarket turbo wheel..... Iv NEVER had one come back for removal :dunno

Last edited:

Fire Rooster

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I will be watching this post closely. I am seriously considering the TAG myself, but would like a little more info on it.

quickstart

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Fire Rooster said:
I will be watching this post closely. I am seriously considering the TAG myself, but would like a little more info on it.
I also got both Tags and for me the throttle response is very noticable with them. I have a stock turbo and installed a WW which also was a great improvement but the whistle from the WW was killing me on the Thruway. It was great around town but when on the thruway that constant whine drove me nuts. When I installed the Tags the whistle pretty much went away. Smoke was reduced with the Tags also. I took out the Tag I last week for **** and giggles and I have a slight whistle but a little more smoke which is cool. It lets people behind me know that a Powerstroke is ahead of them. :thumbs

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58