Taking to track tomorrow

Choaner

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am a long time racer, both of my cars are currently down.. I decided to get an Xtreme race from Eric at Innovative for stock bolter truck..
Only mods so far are 4" MBRP TB less cat, ZooDad Mod, Guages, SCT...

I will let you all know how it goes, hope I do not end up with 3 down..

Choaner

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Went well if anyone interested, best run was 14.1 @ 93 MPH with a 1.87 60ft.. Leaving anywhere over 1800 RPM yielded a lot of tire spin, yes I was launching in 4WD.. I probably could have aired down 20 lbs from 75 psi to 55 or so and done better..

But happy with that, now I can go back to towing things..

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
Don't really know what a 8000 lb truck should run down the 1/4 but that seems about right. Now I don't have to do mine. Ha ha Just dynoed a new motor for the white truck that made 913hp so it should be a little quicker down the strip this year. What are your cars that you race?

Choaner

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Don't really know what a 8000 lb truck should run down the 1/4 but that seems about right. Now I don't have to do mine. Ha ha Just dynoed a new motor for the white truck that made 913hp so it should be a little quicker down the strip this year. What are your cars that you race?

Nice Build! WHat sort of Set Up?

My Pride is my street car: 94 firebird, running standard 23 degree SBC 400 stroked to 421, running third gen style ECM that I tune myself.
That car has gone 9.4 @ 146 - its a 6 speed stick car (T56), still running a street single disc clutch.. It hard to hook that power with out an adjustable slipper clutch, but has bested a 1.36 60ft when hooking well.. I am looking to get that closer to 8s. Pump gas car, I do 1/2 tank of 110 whgen spraying.

My other is a 76 Vega chassis car, 2650 lbs, 498 CI BBC.. That car has gone 9.001 @ 150 best with a 3 speed auto which is hurting it - looking to get a glide soon and dip that into the 8s.. It can be a sketchy car to drive with that short wheel base though..

I will post a video link later, I can not access you tube from work.

f100cleveland

Reaction score
351w with CHI Cleveland heads, intake, and ign. Stroked to 436 single carbed c14 gas only. Has been in the 9's at 135 with the old 427sb but its like a brick compared to a car for areodynamics. Keep your truck hooked to the trailer cuz your cars have got to be alot more fun on the track.

Choaner

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
351w with CHI Cleveland heads, intake, and ign. Stroked to 436 single carbed c14 gas only. Has been in the 9's at 135 with the old 427sb but its like a brick compared to a car for areodynamics. Keep your truck hooked to the trailer cuz your cars have got to be alot more fun on the track.

That truck is nice! What are the Cleveland CHI heads? Who makes those, what sort of flow? Do you have any experience with the Oxygenated Fuel at all? Been thinking of trying.

Here is my street buggy:
9 Second 6 Speed T56 - Cecil - YouTube

f100cleveland

Reaction score
That truck is nice! What are the Cleveland CHI heads? Who makes those, what sort of flow? Do you have any experience with the Oxygenated Fuel at all? Been thinking of trying.

Here is my street buggy:
9 Second 6 Speed T56 - Cecil - YouTube

Cylinder head innovation and they flow well into the 400's. Q16 will give most engines around 15 extra hp but the tune is harder to keep in adjstment. Price makes it out of our league. We are running ICE ign not CHI. My bad

Choaner

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Cylinder head innovation and they flow well into the 400's. Q16 will give most engines around 15 extra hp but the tune is harder to keep in adjstment. Price makes it out of our league. We are running ICE ign not CHI. My bad

Wow, nice flow! My BBC AFR heads only flow 330, My Ported SBC AFRs flow 310 - But still only a 203cc runner.. I imagine you are turning +8500 rpm?

f100cleveland

Reaction score
668tq at 6700 and 913hp at 7700. Plan on leaving line at 7200 and shifting at 8500. All new from front to rear 4link and haven't got it back together yet so will be a learning experience. Hope to be on track in a couple weeks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58