Texas Mods II & III - Results

dzl_x_4x4

Dzl_X_4x4
Reaction score
These are the results of the 2 texas mods days. I started with a 2000 Excursion, lifted, 35" Xterrains, afe II, scmt 1705 - 110HP, 4" SS, Automatic.

On Mods II day.
AIH Delete. It feels like I have better flow at low and high RPM. Sounds deeper and less restricted under heavy accel. It took CHP 30mins and cost $8.00. met a lot of good people, BS'd alot, learned alot and drank alot. Rating: Great easy project, low cost and good results.:thumbs

On Mods III day.
FPR Shim, took CHP 45mins, cost $0. (Thanks CHP)!. It sounds like a gasser at 40mph cruising, quite. Helped the idle noise after it warms up. Feels like I am getting more fuel finally. MPG after 300mi. -1 to -1.5. Could be me enjoying the Mods. Rating: Easy-Medium, $0, Great Results.:thumbs
ZooDad. Took me about 45mins and me an hour to pull the grill and re-install. Unrestricted air flow sounds like it flows easier under accel. met a lot of good people, BS'd alot, learned alot and drank alot. Cost $0. Sounds better. Less Restricted air flow. High end power feels better. Great easy project $0 cost and great results.:thumbs

Test: Gave a Firebird first punch @ 55 then inched away until we hit 100+ then physics caught up with me. If I could get him at a red light. He would not have a chance. :thumbs :thumbs

great results, more than I expected. Thanks to everyone that was there!

I have the WW, HX, Sonnax sitting next to me. Let me know when and where Texas Mods IV will be. I will be there!!!!

:thanks
Brett

NVCowboy

NVCowboy
Reaction score
Mod Parties? Damn you guys are killing me. This area is just not with it when it comes to cool stuff. Best thing I see about the mod parties is that its a great way to meed other owners and get all the cheap easy mod's out of the way. Chances are I have the ability to get alot of the cheap DIY mods done myself. I might lack a tool here or there, and most importantly the courage alot of the time. Its alot easier when there is someone there saying ok do this and that. Safety in numbers too. Might have to drive to TX if there is ever a Harpoon mod party.

Later guys

Bigdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are lucky you live there, i just wish i could get a Mod Party in the land of OZ (Australia), insted of reading about . I know maybe i could drive over if someone built a bridge:thumbs

Scar13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still havnt done the Tru - cool although I did find the best spot for it!

These Mod partys are the best way not only to get things done, but pass that knowledge around..

I guess it will be me at the next one walking you through the WW and sonnax

bartman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scar13 said:
Still havnt done the Tru - cool although I did find the best spot for it!

These Mod partys are the best way not only to get things done, but pass that knowledge around..

I guess it will be me at the next one walking you through the WW and sonnax

Let's do it Trey! I need the WW and Sonnax as well. :thumbs

Scar13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I guess we need to pick a time!!

I cant the 25th as I take My CISSP test. anything else is open though!

bartman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not picky and I am flexible, so most dates will work for me.

Wow, CISSP, that's pretty impressive. I would go after that if my company was intersted in my being CISSP certified. We need to talk computers one of these days.

Bart

dzl_x_4x4

Dzl_X_4x4
Reaction score
Scar13 said:
Well I guess we need to pick a time!!

I cant the 25th as I take My CISSP test. anything else is open though!

Guys, I am game anytime. I have 1st soccer game on the 25th also. I think that the sonnax is fairly straight forward. However the WW is more challenging and we will need a customized C clip remover. But the 2nd one will be easier, hopefully. Everyone suggests doing the HP-X (I put this on this weekend but it was too long and rubbing everywhere so I am waiting on the new one) and CCV mod (we need a list of parts) at the same time because everything is already taken apart. Now that is an all day project.

I will let Bart get in and look for the loose nut behind the steering wheel. lol:roflmao

Brett

bartman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dzl_x_4x4 said:
I will let Bart get in and look for the loose nut behind the steering wheel. lol:roflmao

Brett

There may be one around your computer as well.....:roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

The CCV parts that I bought are as follows:

1 - 3/4" X 10' clear tubing from Home Depot
1 - 3/4" X 3/4" hosebarb X hosebarb from Home Depot
1 - 3/4" hosebarb X hosebarb X npt T from Home Depot (this is for the drip catch)
1 - 3/4" X 3" nipple
1 - 3/4" Threaded cap
handful of hose clamps and zip-ties

I got the 4" X 3.5" steel tube from Bill. This is to replace that little part of the intake tract that has the CCV going into it. I have a (what I think is) a good plan for getting this hooked up and it shouldn't take too long.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track