comment Thank You Veterans

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Yes, thank you very much.
1_4_11.gif

We have a neighbor that turned 78 today and also served in the Korean War.

We went up to his house to wish him a Happy Birthday and let him know we appreciated his service to our country. You could tell it really made his day.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I echo the thanks to our veterans, we need to remember to thank them whenever the opportunity presents itself.

I work on a college campus and as a result I see the recruiters from all branches on campus periodically and when I do I make a point of stopping by and saying thank you, after the look of astonishment and being dumbfounded you can tell that it makes their day.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Our son called and said thank you and happy Veterans Day.

The other evening, Saving Pvt. Ryan was on the tube. I watched the begininng part where the old Pvt, Ryan was in the military cemetary. The scene brought tears to me eyes. I guess the scene hits you harder when guys you have known & served with, died while in service to country.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
TG
to make you feel even more teary eyed
i picked up this baby today
pics dont do justice, my batteries shut off,
but it was made in 1967 and only fired at the factory
i have the original shipping box and labels from colt, plus a cool display case, not that it will sit very much
its a WWI Commemorative, colt model 1911 45 cal.
it has been sitting in this guys shop since 1968, in a dusty old cabinet, one heck of a find

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all of our veterans, you have done a great job of keeping us free.:usa

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I'm appreciative of the sacrifices made by our Military men and women veterans and current alike.

My uncle(SSGT) served in Vietnam with the Marines,brother(SGT) served in the Bosnia conflict with the Army and heading off to Iraq January '09:guns:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14