Thanks to Ford_Forgotton...

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...for the pictures and how-to about door handle replacement on his website. I bought four Excursion color-matched door handles from Dale Lakin and I installed them tonight. Start-to-finish (including two beers) the whole job only took ~1 1/2 hrs (I wasn't in a hurry) and, like he said, the first one took a while and the rest went lickety-split. One addition to his instructions I would suggest: for access to the upper nut, remove the rubber plug in the edge of the door so, instead of trying to twist your arm around getting to the fastener with a wrench between the inner and outer door skins, you can use a ratchet, socket, and extension to go straight in at the nut. It's too dark right now for a picture to come out right, but I'll try to take one tomorrow when it's light enough. Thanks again for the info--it made my job a heck of a lot easier. :thanks :thumbs

Last edited:

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Max Power said:
Daryl and Dale, a pretty hard combonation to beat! :thumbs

Yep--I've got a pretty good idea Dale is going to be getting a bit more of my business. As a general guesstimate, his prices for the parts to install X-springs will save me ~ $150 over buying them local and that's not chump change. :sweet :sweet :thumbs

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58