The First ball has dropped

Dale_Lakin

Powerstroke Wannabe Owner
Reaction score
My understanding this is the first of many recalls coming in the next few weeks on the 6.0. This is an annoucment on Ford's site this morning.

Subject: 6.0L Repair Actions

6.0L REPAIR ACTIONS

Today, we will announce the first in a series of 6.0L diesel repair actions. These actions will begin with the announcement of two Field Service Actions that will be posted to FMCDealer.com later this afternoon.

Safety Recall 05S34: 180,000 2004 MY Super Duty, Excursion and E-Series vehicles will require an inspection and repair or replacement of the Fuel Injection Control Module wiring harness. Some of these vehicles will also need to have a connector replaced at the Injector Control Pressure (ICP) sensor.
Customer Satisfaction Program 05B29: 73,000 of the 180,000 2004 MY Super Duty and Excursion vehicles will require that the Charge Air Cooler (CAC) duct be replaced.
CUSTOMER LETTERS COMBINED WITH OTHER FIELD SERVICE ACTIONS

For customer convenience, vehicle owners affected by these two repairs will receive one letter from Ford.

FCSD 6.0L CUSTOMER SUPPORT

All of us at Ford want to do our best to help you take care of these very valuable customers. Super Duty is critical to our mutual profitability and truck leadership. We have had issues but we continue to outsell all other competitors and I am confident that this and the other repair actions that we will announce shortly will keep these customers loyal to our products.

Along with additional Diesel Service Engineers and 6.0L Hotline Support, we will provide the following with the launch of these 6.0L Field Service Actions:

When needed, rental reimbursement up to $50 per day
Special FRCS program that will allow dealers to supply F-Series trucks as rental vehicles.
Customer handling meetings conducted by FCSD to support your repair and satisfaction actions.
Joint FCSD and dealer fleet contacts to prioritize their repair needs.
We will continue the .3 hr post repair road test to validate repair effectiveness of these repairs.
6.0L DEALER ACTIONS

Immediately communicate your plans to your employees on how to handle 6.0L FSA customers.
Complete any open 6.0L FSAs when your customers return for these repairs including 04B24 Planetary Gear repair.
Work with your FCSD Region on how to handle customers with additional concerns.
Utilize all available FCSD technical resource and contact the Technical Hotline on difficult repairs.
We can fix the majority of issues if you require your service department to contact the hotline on 6.0L issues.
Thank you for your continued support. We will communicate the next phases of the repair strategy in the future. Please contact your FCSD Regional Field representative if you need additional 6.0L information.

Cisco Codina
President, Ford Customer Service Division

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FINALLY....

I hope they haven't waited too long to save most of their customers....

I LOVE my X,
but the dealership has left more things not fixed than fixed !!!!

thanks for the heads up !

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hmmm - I haven't taken mine in yet for the tranny deal so it sounds like they can do both while it is there. I'm on the list at the dealer for the tranny thing - told them no hurry as I'd like them to get a lot of practise in before they get to me :D

Ron

Green '03

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Do you think any of these phases will include 2003's? My truck is in for the first time today for a rough idle, WIF light always one, etc. March '03 build, original programming (until today).......first time back to the dealer. My only real future concern on my truck are the C94 injectors, hope they hold up. Truck has been excellent thus far, now over 50k miles.

Dale_Lakin

Powerstroke Wannabe Owner
Reaction score
Honestly I think it will include ALL 6.0's to some degree or another. Some will be Safety recalls while others will be Customer Satisfaction Programs. The difference between the 2 is that the Safety Recall is indefinite time wise and will be preformed whether you complain about a specific problem or not, whereas the Customer Satisfaction Program is something that has to done within a specified time range and it has to be something the customer is complaining about. This has been super hush hush and is just now hitting the streets so to tell you everything that is going to come out of it I don't know but I have heard garbles there are 12 areas they are addressing and there are 10 more coming over the next few weeks.

Green '03

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all that info and explanation, sure helps a lot!

Last edited:

tgatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey dale,

Thanks for the heads up. Took my truck into the dealer today afor other reasons. I asked about the recall and believe it or not my dealer knew about it. The Service Manager heard me asking about it and came out and asked what MY. I told him it was an 04 I bought in Feb of 04. He said without even looking at Oasis, "It'll print up on your ticket." Sure enough it did.

I just moved here to ID, but it looks like I've got a good dealer. :)

Keep us up to date on the further recalls. Thanks again.

Tom

mjstef

Big Sky Country.........
Reaction score
To damn bad there is nothing for the 03 6 speeds. Mine could get me or my wife killed crossing an intersection it is so damn gutless off the line. Gotta drive it like a friggen gasser and slip the hell out of the clutch to get it moving. Once it's rolling it's not too bad.......

FordDieselDog

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
We have had issues but we continue to outsell all other competitors....

Under statement of the century!

Read between the lines: [we continue to outsell all other competitors], EVEN WITH a problematic product, poor customer service, poorly trained, under-equipped, and underpaid technicians, enough FMC red tape to circle the world, and an average price tag of over $40,000.

Why change? FMC is making money at status quo. The 6.0L issues have not, and will not make a sufficient impact to FMC bottom line.

mjstef

Big Sky Country.........
Reaction score
FordDieselDog said:
Under statement of the century!

Read between the lines: [we continue to outsell all other competitors], EVEN WITH a problematic product, poor customer service, poorly trained, under-equipped, and underpaid technicians, enough FMC red tape to circle the world, and an average price tag of over $40,000.

Why change? FMC is making money at status quo. The 6.0L issues have not, and will not make a sufficient impact to FMC bottom line.

What he said......... :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58