THE SECRET 6.4 L PSD TT

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cdraayer said:
I wish someone knew something; I'd hate to go buy the 6.0 and have the new motor come out (and I'm in the market right now)...
TIA

your kiddin' right ? i feel pretty lucky that my 04 has been problem free and
i bought it knowing it wasnt 1st year...

years ago i learned, the hard way, not to buy 1st year anything...bmw
(motorcycle) burnt me bad...w/ all the buy backs that ive seen / heard
of the 03 has got to have ford worried about sales for the new motor.

maybe theyll do like gmc and up the warrenty to 200k to win some
back.

Dieselsmoke

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Let's hope Ford does their homework on this one, even if it takes longer. I was within inches of buying a new 05 & got cold feet. I opted to go with a 7.3 for now.

KingRanch250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 06 250, king ranch, cc, 4x4, 6.0 black/arizona beige. I was picking the truck up at ny local dealership where the service manager is a life long friend of mine. He told me that the 6.4 will be a 6 cylinder engine and that ford is having trouble getting the horsepower out of the motor that the 6.0 v8 is putting out. The torque is there but not the h.p....He did confirm that it is a twin turbo. He also told me that ford will eventually offer a similar diesel engine option for the f150 in 2008, and there has been talk of it eventually being offered in the expedition. He also reccommended that I buy the 06 6.0 and not take a chance on a first year experiment 6.4.. This is only heresay, take it for what it's worth.......

Last edited:

stelectric

stelectric
Reaction score
KingRanch250 said:
I just bought a 06 250, king ranch, cc, 4x4, 6.0 black/arizona beige. I was picking the truck up at ny local dealership where the service manager is a life long friend of mine. He told me that the 6.4 will be a 6 cylinder engine and that ford is having trouble getting the horsepower out of the motor that the 6.0 v8 is putting out. The torque is there but not the h.p....He did confirm that it is a twin turbo. He also told me that ford will eventually offer a similar diesel engine option for the f150 in 2008, and there has been talk of it eventually being offered in the expedition. He also reccommended that I buy the 06 6.0 and not take a chance on a first year experiment 6.4.. This is only heresay, take it for what it's worth.......
it is gonna be a v8 because it is the same block 6.0 that has been increased to a 6.4

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Welcome to SuperDutyDiesel KingRanch250! Great to have you on board :sweet

I too am watching for the 6.4L to come out -popcorn :)

Bill

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
Well, i hope someone offically says something SOON.

It is hard keeping this cat in the bag! :D :sweet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58