Thermostat

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
I did the 203 degree stat a while back and was going to throw the one I took out in the truck tool box for a spare. I was wondering if it was the stock one or some after market thing as it had BTT and Made in Germany on the top side. 2.15389 1822815C1 H9 on the disc that closes off the bypass. It also had an arrow pointing to the front and a small check ball valve thing in back. It looks to be made very well. Do you think I need to keep it as a spare? My temp gauge didn't seem like it changed any and really haven't noticed any difference with the 203 stat.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
The stock thermostat that came off our 2002 is Wahler brand unit and it also has the weephole with the checkball which to save my hyde can't recall it's actual function for the engine :dunno

Most stock take-off parts(less the muffler) I store awai in the event I need em for future use or someone else needs a part in an emergency :sweet

Bill

CHPMustang

Reaction score
95_stroker said:
Off the top of my head, that looks like an IH part number.............. maybe call you local IH dealer and run that number by him.
1822815C1 is the same number on the Wahler part I have here Mike which is most likely different manufacturers for the same International number. :cowboy:

ForumBlue

CDXX
Reaction score
f100cleveland said:
My temp gauge didn't seem like it changed any and really haven't noticed any difference with the 203 stat.
I think those stock temp. gauges are like the trans. temp. gauges in the 02's. They are more of an idiot light. They creep up to about half way then stop. And I imagine if they move past that your already screwed kind of like when the idiots lights come on after it's already too late.

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
Thanks for the replys. I think I'll just throw it in the tool box for any emergency that could happen. The temp gauge could be my next project. :thumbs It's been at least 3 weeks since a mod. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim