Question Throttle Postition Sensor Codes

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else ever got these codes?

P2137 Throttle Pedal Position Sensor Switch B/C Circuit Low Input
P2138 Throttle Pedal Position Sensor Switch D/E Volt Correlation
P2140 Throttle Pedal Position Sensor Switch E/F Volt Correlation

I got it quite a few months ago, now it's back and is not going away. Anyone know how to fix if you can fix? Is my throttle position sensor goin by by?

If so, wonderful, you have to replace the whole pedal assembly a $700.00 Part! :eek:

Any Ideas?

Barrett

Last edited:

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
If it's getting it's 5v reference signal, I'd say yeah, the pedal is going bye-bye.

and the last I knew, the link that Jourdan provided is the correct part.

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that looks cheap are you sure that is for a diesel ? the one for the vehicles with adjustable peddles is 700$ I have just reasd about a few folks with issues .. apparently it is the whole assembly

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
First off, they did not have adjustable pedals in 2004. Barrett has a 2004 6.0 Super Duty Diesel. And secondly this is from Ford Parts Direct. How can you say that? And what are you referring to when you state "apparently it is whole assembly"? The entire pedal assembly or just the accelerator pedal assy? Not trying to start a fight or anything like it. I just want to know!

Dave

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the attitude !
I was just asking you a question,, and I didn't see where the part# you listed was for a diesel or gas? heck they might be the same ? the owners that I just read about having the adjustable peddle issue are forced to buy the whole modular Assembly ( throttle brake ) but that was only the adjustable set up so it would line up with the op's 700$ price

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off, they did not have adjustable pedals in 2004. Barrett has a 2004 6.0 Super Duty Diesel. And secondly this is from Ford Parts Direct. How can you say that? And what are you referring to when you state "apparently it is whole assembly"? The entire pedal assembly or just the accelerator pedal assy? Not trying to start a fight or anything like it. I just want to know!

Dave

I have a 2003 with adjustable pedals. According to Bowen Scarff, (formerly 1stfordparts.co), you have to replace the complete pedal assembly, you cannot just get the sensor. That's what worries me. B

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess my simple questions trying to cover all bases weren't deserving of a beat down after all ?

with a triple output failure I would be checking my wiring and connections ,, but thats just me

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64