ticking time bomb?

ducky1402

Reaction score
Ok, so i don't drive the truck too much lately just no real need, however when I have let the truck idle it sound like ticking from under the hood. I never really noticed it before. Truck runs like a champ just wondering about this ticking.......... Ideas :dunno

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's most likely gone into DPF cleaning mode. Need to take it out on a beat run. The computer adds more fuel to the motor to clean the DPF and it makes a lot of noise doing it. Get it up on the HWY and drive it hard. Also check your oil level.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's most likely gone into DPF cleaning mode. Need to take it out on a beat run. The computer adds more fuel to the motor to clean the DPF and it makes a lot of noise doing it. Get it up on the HWY and drive it hard. Also check your oil level.

Yep.

Maybe Old School thinking guyz & galz but ANY engine needs to be Run.. Routinely. When they sit, ALL the lubes and fluids drain down to Zip. When you do finally Start'm Up.. yul hear All Kinds of Ticks, Clicks, Whirz, buzzingz, squeaks and sing'n sounds... till everthing gets back up to Snuff... Purge, Pressure and Flex Wize.

'ol Joe ;)

Ducky, as long as the Ticking goes away after it warms, up and driveing it for a day or so. yer good to go, IMO ?

Last edited:

ducky1402

Reaction score
this particular truck is not equiped with diesel particulate filter cleaning if you know what i mean :D i'll listen next time i get her warmed up see if she still ticking away.

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Could be the injectors makin a lil bit of noise since it sits and the oil drains out of them? I assume they have oil goin through the injectors to run them or are they electronic??I know the 2011's are common rails.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64