tips, tricks or a bfh

fordmedic

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Coming home from work today I heard a squeel/ screech. I got home and pulled the wheel off all looked good. could probally shave a few thousandths off the rotors, but the pads looked good.I wanted to check the bearings but couldent get the silver dust cap off. Any tips hints or just a big f'in hammer ? Any help wouold be appreciated.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've alwasy taken a small flathead screwdriver and beat it in between the dustcap @ the rotor.

BTW wheel bearings usually don't squeel when worn they tend to growl or that's what i found.
Take a look @ the idler bearings for the serp belt and the tensioner when mine went out it was a really high pitch screech.

fordmedic

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
BJS said:
I've alwasy taken a small flathead screwdriver and beat it in between the dustcap @ the rotor.

BTW wheel bearings usually don't squeel when worn they tend to growl or that's what i found.
Take a look @ the idler bearings for the serp belt and the tensioner when mine went out it was a really high pitch screech.
Thanks for the info i just replaced all three bearings and the squeel only came on when the brake was depressed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14