Tire size makes truck SLOW!

dpantazis

Reaction score
sorry, maP sensor, drivers side of engine. compartment. follow the hose from the baby's butt over to the left as you are facing the engine. iirc, its the black hose

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
02-
you have something else going on, its NOT tire related. coincidence with tire change, yes.

fuel pressure gauge is not an easy or cheap one. not worth the money unless you are racing.

you will suck air from those QD fittings. look at the hutch mod to eliminate them.

programming will not be an issue with tire size. think about it, ford shipped these trucks with different tire options with the same programming. did jody ask you about tire size? i think not. he might have asked you about REAL variables like injectors and turbo, but not tire size.

check your MAP sensor too, or even change it out. they slowly get flaky but won't throw a code.

dp

I have the hutch mod already. Jody does have a section for tire size when getting tunes, but I think its for fixing speedometer. I have it programmed for all mods on truck. I need to look into the MAP sensor.

I changed the fuel filter today and drained the bowl. When I looked at the fuel that was drained it was full of dirt or something. I also tightened the connection to the carter helper fuel pump. I think that the carter helper pump may be messed up. It doesnt sound as strong as it used to. Maybe the dirt f'ed it up! I also found where i t'ed in to over boost Annihilator for my boost gauge that the T itself was loose and the boost tube broke today also.:rant
I think I maybe loosing boost also because I here a little whistle when I floor it. So many things to check!!

Last edited:

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
I ordered the AirDog II today so that should eliminate my fuel delivery problem. I ordered the new boots for the top of the engine also. Im waiting to see if I can find a 6.0 intercooler before I order the IC boots. Anyone got one for cheap?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl