Tires...

TimberGhost

Buildin' It Up
Reaction score
Hey guys...It's time to replace the old set of Toyo Open Country MT's (275/65-20's) on my '06 F-250. I'm not going with the same noisy, gas robbing MT's though. But I am jumping up to a 295/60-20 all-terrain. Nitto is one of, if not the only manufacturer I can find that makes this size in their Terra Grappler. I need some advice...anyone have any personal experience or know anyone who has had some experience with this tire? It seems to be priced right compared to a lot of other AT's in this size. Plus I'm getting a break on the mount, balance and valve stems from the local NTB because I fill their Coca Cola machine in their customer waiting room. Really need some people to jump on board with this discussion so I can at least make an informed $1,300.00 decision. Thanks all!

Last edited:

majek5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many miles did you get out of the MT's. Also, how bad of a hit did you take in the mpg's with the MT's? You have the 6.0 correct, not a gasser. To kind of answer your question, Nitto is the only tire I found in the 295 also. I was looking at the Trail, not the Terra. I thought about going to the 295, but I think the tire is too wide for the stock rim. Just my personal opinion, lots of people run wider tires on the stockers than that.

Bdons SD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the nitto terra graps on my 03 f150 screw in a 285 75 17 and they were the best tires I have ever owned. I had 35 inch Toyo at's on my lifted 03 scab 150 I and they were good, but the nitto tgs were as good, if not better and far cheaper. I drove the family from here (washington) down the the middle of Utah for Xmas and the tires were incredible over the mountain passes packed with snow, and equally as good in the 6 inch powder on the unkept streets.

I am Getting them here in the next month for my superduty, and also for our escape when the time comes.

Sent from my iThingy using Tapatalk

TimberGhost

Buildin' It Up
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback Bdons SD. Have heard a lot of good feedback on the Nittos. 1 or 2 negatives on tire wear...but I'm thinking it may have been issues with lack of rotation and air pressure levels. I believe I'll go with the Nittos when it's time...in about 5,000 miles.

Fine69

Reaction score
I'm on my third set of Terra Grapplers. I had 325/65/18's on my stock 18" wheels on my 05, and I now have 325/60/20's on my stock 20's on my 09. I also have a set on 18x8.5" Weld Cheyennes I run in Summer. They have been fantastic tires. I'll buy them over and over again!

TimberGhost

Buildin' It Up
Reaction score
I'm assuming you had to throw on a set of fender flares on the '09 to keep the 325's from hanging outside wells...? Unless your state doesn't require the tires to be inside the fenders. PA is pretty tight about it...so I'm just wondering if the Nitto 295/60-20's are going to force me to install flares. Wherever I go to get that tire...they are most likely not going to be a size they are stocking and will be special order. If when mounted they hang out too far...I won't be able to purchase them and may end up pissing off the store. My budget won't allow me to drop $400.00 on 4 pieces of plastic (rediculous prices for plastic) just so I can spend $1,300.00 on new tires. So I'm hoping to hear from someone with an '06 SD who is running the 295/60-20 now.

Fine69

Reaction score
I live in PA, no flares. The 325's aren't as wide as you would think, they barely stick out of the wheel wells. I have Duraflap mudflaps to keep the paint from chipping. I'll see if I have any pics showing the tires.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58