Titan Fuel tank question

R66SS427

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Has anybody installed a Titan oversize replacement tank in an 08-10 superduty? I had one put in at the dealer before I picked the truck up. 67 gallion capacity. Problem is, the numbers don't add up. I'm still on my first tank of fuel. Avg MPG is 12.7. The "miles till empty" in my trip meter says 250 and the fuel gauge is still a tick above 3/4. If I'm figuring right, at 12.7 I should get nearly 750 miles before a fillup. I have 224 miles on the truck. Any ideas?
I already contacted Titan. Not very helpful........
Thanks guys,

IHC Power

STOCK STROKE
Reaction score
Titan Fuel Tank

I'm pretty sure that Titan only states that your fuel gauge will be accurate and not the DTE calculation. With 67 gallons at 12.7 mpg you should get 850 miles before empty so with 224 on the clock you have 626 miles before your empty. That's roughly a 1/4 of a tank so your best bet is to ask the dealer if the overhead computer can be recalibrated to accept 67 gallons instead of your factory capacity. Just a guess so don't quote me on it, good luck.

R66SS427

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thank you. Titan got back to me and you are correct. The fuel gauge is accurate, but the trip meter is not. Thats fine, I'll watch the gauge. With the 100 gallon transfer tank in the box, plus the 67 under, I can get WAY out of town. :sweet

IHC Power

STOCK STROKE
Reaction score
Cool

Not a problem that's why were all here. Thats about enough fuel you could drive to my city and fill my truck up twice :eek:, I'm gonna look into trying to get one soon I think. Kinda pricee though.

TurboDsl8

SDD Member
Reaction score
Holy crap! I can't afford to fill up my 38 gallon tank let alone 167 gallons.Good for you though . It would be Nice to be able to go that long without filling up.I get 600+ miles out of a tank now, I couldn't imagine with 67 gal tank I would get 1100 miles between fillups. That would be nice, but they are a bit expensive for me. Sounds like you've got a Helluva Road trip machine.:sweet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg