Tool box lid shocks

Ggg

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a Knaak Weather Guard tool box on my SD. I can't read the model #. I believe it's a model 127. I am looking for a aftermarket part number for the gas shocks that lift the lid. I took my shocks into a few parts stores but they can't cross reference them for any they sell.

Last edited:

ChrisMartinTX

97 F-250
Reaction score
when mine went out i ended up just measuring it and looked at howmany pounds of pressure i need... sorry not much help but went to oreillys and ended up getting one that for about 25 bucks

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I would think that with the shock in hand the parts store should be able to match something up visually that will work. The part houses nowadays seem to dependent on part numbers rather than common sense. If it isn't in the computer they don't seem to be able to help..

LDK

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Any Weatherguard dealer should be able to help you. I've bought replacement gas struts and lock sets for a number of boxes (small fleet) from my local hardware/dealer. Locks were in stock, the struts took a couple of days.

The strut on my personal Highway Products box just failed (my fault). I called them for strut specs and they insisted on sending me a new one at no charge, even after I explained that I broke it.

Good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14