Help Needed Torqshift troubles

Eubee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
I have been searching through several forums over the past couple days to see if my problem could be solved. Have not found any posts with similar symptoms that were resolved. So I ask all of you for advice.

2003 F250 2wd 6.0 torqshift. Once engine and trans warm up, stock trans temp gauge bounces (not irregularly, but a constant pattern). I have not yet put any aftermarket gauges in. The red "Check Gauges" light next to temp gauge stay on, and tow/haul light on shift handle flashes in a steady constant on/off pattern. Truck will not shift higher than 3rd gear, but R-1-2-3 work (shifts HARD, but they work). This is a new problem that has arose a couple days ago; this is the first time since I bought it 3 years ago. I do not tow much of anything with it (1K - 2K maybe once a month on a small 16ft gooseneck). Bought the truck with 164K, she now has 215K. Autoenginuity scan tool said that temp gauge had read high. Trans fluid level is good, as is fluid itself (nice and pink, no burnt smell). I drained trans fluid and replaced with SP at roughly 180K, as well as replaced aux trans filter (the little round guy). I do not drive the truck hard; I try to keep the tach at less than 2500 during acceleration. I have noticed some shudder now and then, but it is not constant. I did pull the cab off at 165K to replace the HPOP, but the truck has ran/drove fine since. Can see no exterior damage to trans, and there are no leaks. Any suggestions?

Thanks

tankerdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any codes showing?

Read this.

There is some info on that page that may help. Search the page for "tow/haul" and several TSB's come up.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14