Torqueshift Tow/Haul & Heavy Traffic

haulin8or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I find myself using the 'tow/haul' mode a lot when I am in heavy rushhour traffic here in Atlanta :drive (not towing or hauling anything). It is just easier to stop this 8000/lb brute using the engine/brake combo in bumper to bumper traffic:guns: . I also use the brakes less (less pad wear :thumbs ) as the downshifting is awesome with this mode. My question is, will this hurt anything in the long run by not actually having a heavy load (I technically already consider the X a 'heavy load' though)?

I also go by the theory of 'Use It or Lose It'. Kinda like not turning your manual hub locks every now and then. -popcorn

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
me to
what little traffic we get over here , its fun slowing down and it drops down and you almost stop

i use it in the afternoon when its cold to allow her to warm up a bit faster
i was using the leave it in thrid but i run out of rpm to fast

can you get it o drop down by tapping the brake pedal? min will but its not an always

haulin8or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I can get it to drop down, but like you said not all the time. People behind me must think I am driving a manual shift :p I am almost afraid sometimes that someone is going to rear-end me because I am not using my brake lights!

I also love coming down me hill to my house in T/H mode at around 20mph. It sounds like C5A coming in for a landing. My neighbor always knows when I am coming home

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
I find myself using it alot more. Saturday night I was driving my moms 04 f350
selected towhaul
it drove completely different from my 06, it down shifted softly and not near as secure feeling as my truck. when mine drops to second then to first, you know it, its like hitting the thrust reverser.
but hers sort of felt like it slipped into a lower gear rather than dropped solidly. and it didnt like staying OD. it would drop out on the slightest hill at 40 mph
but her tq stays locked when yuo let off the throttle in the normal mode, where mine sins up then re-engages.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14