Touch-up Paint

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Whats a good touch-up paint? I noticed that a fairly large(.5" diameter)chunk of paint just fell off under the left rear window. Looks like there is primer under it but the paint circle just fell off like it didn't adhere good..

Reaction score
http://paintscratch.com/

I have just ordered from them in the past month to repair a dime size ding this idiot left me. The have extensive help sections on how to use the paints and etc. You will need to supply your VIN number so they can make sure the match is correct. My repair is coming along slow ( all me) but the color is damn near perfect so far - and I am still in just the building it up to level stage.

Ron

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Crumm said:
Whats a good touch-up paint? I noticed that a fairly large(.5" diameter)chunk of paint just fell off under the left rear window. Looks like there is primer under it but the paint circle just fell off like it didn't adhere good..
The last couple times I needed touch up paint I purchased it from my Ford Dealer Parts counter and the paint matched right up. :sweet

Perhaps Dale at Powerstrokeshop might be able to provide the same service but unsure if he ships to big AK :dunno

Bill

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
unsure if he ships to big AK
He sure does, I just got a tailgate trim piece and a dash bezel for my 96' from him.
I have some touch-up paint for my 96' that I got from Ford and it does not match very good. Maybe the touch-up for the X would match better? CHP, I think our Ex's are the same color, did you purchase touch-up paint for your current X that matched or another rig?

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Crumm said:
He sure does, I just got a tailgate trim piece and a dash bezel for my 96' from him.
I have some touch-up paint for my 96' that I got from Ford and it does not match very good. Maybe the touch-up for the X would match better? CHP, I think our Ex's are the same color, did you purchase touch-up paint for your current X that matched or another rig?
We have not yet purchased touch up for our Excursion which is Silver Birch in color. Our 99.5 F250 was Dark Toreador in color which I did purchase touch up for.

I had our Excursion parked next to Richie Rich' 2001 Excursion which also was Silver Birch but his had abit more blue tint to it.

chp

dmftoy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
We have not yet purchased touch up for our Excursion which is Silver Birch in color. Our 99.5 F250 was Dark Toreador in color which I did purchase touch up for.

I had our Excursion parked next to Richie Rich' 2001 Excursion which also was Silver Birch but his had abit more blue tint to it.

chp

You guys are lucky. I've purchased 3 bottles of each color (two tone) and the last 2 times I had them source it from the build sheet. None of them match worth a damn. :)

Have a good one,
Dave

CHPMustang

Reaction score
dmftoy1 said:
You guys are lucky. I've purchased 3 bottles of each color (two tone) and the last 2 times I had them source it from the build sheet. None of them match worth a damn. :)

Have a good one,
Dave
Dave I forget what color your X is :rolleyes:

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:

chp
Ours has a blue tint to it also. I am not even sure what color it is called? Where does a guy look to find out just what color they call it?

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Crumm said:
Ours has a blue tint to it also. I am not even sure what color it is called? Where does a guy look to find out just what color they call it?
Go to the White VIN decal located on the drivers lower door jamb,on the lower left part will be the initials "EXT PNT" give me the two letters just to the right of it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64