Towing Capacity for 2017 F 250 SRA 4X4 Ext Cab?

W Tom Sawyer

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The door sticker on my 2017 F 250 reads "10,000 # GVWR. Sales brochure lists 15,000 #. How can I find the exact towing capacity (non-5th wheel) of my truck? I have 3.55 rear axle.
I tow a 11,000# boat and trailer and with motorcycle, weighs in a total of 17,000 at truck scales.

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
GVWR = Gross Vehicle Weight Rating.

This is the maximum the Truck, by itself can weight. That is truck, fuel, passengers, tongue weight and cargo.

Towing capacity in the owners manual/ brochure, in this case 15,000 lbs, is the maximum the trailer itself can weight.

You are looking for the GCVW = Gross Combined Vehicle Weight. This is the maximum the truck and trailer hitched together can weigh.

W Tom Sawyer

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
GVWR = Gross Vehicle Weight Rating.

This is the maximum the Truck, by itself can weight. That is truck, fuel, passengers, tongue weight and cargo.

Towing capacity in the owners manual/ brochure, in this case 15,000 lbs, is the maximum the trailer itself can weight.

You are looking for the GCVW = Gross Combined Vehicle Weight. This is the maximum the truck and trailer hitched together can weigh.
Thanks! That helps...

W Tom Sawyer

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks. That helps. I was hoping to carry some documentation should I get stopped towing my 32' boat and 3-axle trailer...

01yellerCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll have to post pics of the truck and boat sometime.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr