Towing Help

rsjohnsn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking for some expert advise on pulling my Tag-along. I am presently towing around 7K with an open bed and I was wondering if a camper top would help out on my mileage any. I have access to a cab high top for $250 but not sure if it will gain me any mileage. I am currently running around 10mpg stock program and running 60-65 mph. Oh yeah, what is the recommended brake controller to run?

Thanks
Scott

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
a bed cap should help out mileage while towing a trailer. you want the air to follow a "smooth" line, rather than up and down over the cab just to go up and over the trailer. how tall is the trailer?

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Prodigy it's about 200+/- bucks, you set it with a small load and set it, it will self adjust the power to the brakes as needed. If your weight goes up it will adjust for it. It's also ABS capable works up to 4 or 6 axlses.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Prodigy is a very good brake controller,
and yes the topper should help some.

dmd

Reaction score
May help some, but adds more weight and you will never recover the
cost of the top with what you save in fuel.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A aluminum topper you can get for less then a grand, but it is what it is. Light weight and cheep but it will work or you can put a cloth tonneau cover on for less then 400 bucks. A cloth tonneau cover kit weight wize is about 20 pounds +/-.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg