towing with Tony Wildman's chip & DIIC

White Buffalo

TDP Pit crew
Reaction score
Well, Just thought I would post the results after adding Tony Wildman's (Totaldieselperformance.com) updated Tow programs and the Diesel Innovations Intercooler (http://www.dieselinnovations.com/di.php?page=products&cat=1). What a huge difference on power & EGT's! My camper is a 31" Outback 5th wheel (approx 9,500 after fully loaded) The OAT was 92 degrees. I have two of Tony's tow programs on my 4 position chip. One is @ +40hp and the other is @ +80 HP. I basically got one for towing on the flats and one for the hills. Both programs have the shift point to OD set at 55 MPH. This feature is great, no more lugging at 45 MPH if I forgot to hit the OD off button.

Towing at:

70 MPH = 800*
75 MPH = 850*
80 MPH = 900*

This was while driving on relatively flat terrain. Even while climbing uphill in the +40HP tow program I never went above 1150. When I used the higher HP tow program I would get 1250+ climbing hills, but I mostly used this on the flats, for the added passing power or to get up to speed entering the Interstate. Worked great. Overall I guess a saw a 200* drop in EGT's while towing because of the DIIC. Also need to thank Jon Faubion the the Van Turbo install.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14