Trailer Tow Mirror Upgrade

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone with a 2002 or older Super Duty upgraded their Trailer Tow Mirrors with the current ones (2003-2006) with the turn signal/clearance lights? I got my 02 F250 in August 2002 and shortly after saw the 2003's with the lights in the mirrors.

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, I have on my 2000.

They are physically a direct swap, however you will need to run new wires to your doors for the blinkers and parking lights.

HTRDDSL

HTRDDSL
Reaction score
I changed mine over last year. And my truck is the same as yours. It was easy to do and the plugs are the same. If you decide to do this let me know. Be glad to help. I have some pics and I can call anywhere in North America for free so I'm only a call away.

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HTRDDSL said:
I changed mine over last year. And my truck is the same as yours. It was easy to do and the plugs are the same. If you decide to do this let me know. Be glad to help. I have some pics and I can call anywhere in North America for free so I'm only a call away.
Thanks. Gotta put them on my list for Santa. Do you know how much they cost?

HTRDDSL

HTRDDSL
Reaction score
I got mine off Ebay for $375 US shipped. They were over $1000 C here. So if you know someone who works at a dealership that would help.:cowboy:

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I paid 275 for mine, and spent about another 25 bucks in wiring and connectors. I ended up having someone that had a pair of wrecked mirrors cut their connectors off and send them to me :D :D :D

empiretc

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I got a set for $150 delivered. My 99 had the nontelescopic nonpower tow mirrors and I just wanted the newer ones. I wired them for the lights and heat, but did not bother with the power mirror install. They are GREAT. I have since upgraded to the projection headlights and added the Grille from the 05-06 models. I also purchased the newer emblems. Most people think my truck is a brand new one until they jump in and notice the older style seats, LOL. It cost me around $500 for those 5 upgrades, but she is a completely different looking truck now. Later when my seats start to give out Ill upgrade them to the newer style 40/20/40s.

Sorry for the long post, 02SilverStroke. Here is the site I used as a guide for the mirror upgrade:

http://www.eurekaboy.com/f250/newmirrors.htm

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58