Trailer wire harness

HCAbowman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!!

Im the new guy...LOL, but anyhow Im looking for a wire harness for a 2000 Excursion. Ive got the female end, and I dont really wanna spend 80 bucks on one from the dealer, but I dont know where to look. All the usual places dont have anything, all I really need is a flat 4....soooo is there anywhere I can look to find such and animal or am I gonna have to spend the money on it? Any help would be greatly appriciated!

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You could try a trailer place or some of the better automotive stores have the flat plugs with wires on them. What are you trying to wire up? I have made many in the past.
By the way, nice running boards!!

Dave

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HCAbowman said:
Hello everyone!!

Im the new guy...LOL, but anyhow Im looking for a wire harness for a 2000 Excursion. Ive got the female end, and I dont really wanna spend 80 bucks on one from the dealer, but I dont know where to look. All the usual places dont have anything, all I really need is a flat 4....soooo is there anywhere I can look to find such and animal or am I gonna have to spend the money on it? Any help would be greatly appriciated!

I'v had good luck with U-haul. If theres a good one in your area. They can be pricey, but not near as bad as FORD. God quality stuff tho....

:dunno

JOE

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess I'm missing something, but my walmart has all kinds of "connectors" and "adapters"

HCAbowman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive looked, but I guess that the 2000 Ex's have a goofy connector....I will take a picture tommorow and post it..it might help a bit more!!

Thanks for everything guys!! I appriciate the help!!

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have some old connectors from my 02 and 03...(somewhere!)
so let me know what it looks like....

can't imagine it changed that much...
or that one of those generic kits couldn't be adapted to what you need...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg