Trans and engine ????'s

oldford

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ill try to be short and to the point my first post on this site.
I have a 03 6.0 with 103 trouble free miles untill now.
I seem to have a "miss" I think bad injector not leaking into oil but definate miss. the bigger problem is when sitting at a stop in neultral or park while revving the motor to see if i could clear the miss my trans crapped it then wouldnt go into gear but if i put it in drive and give it the go pedal it eventually "slides" into gear and it works fine till i rev it up again. i never red line rev it just go up to about 3k a few times any onre got any ideas???
the injector problem has been somthing that started when cold and got to the point that it just never fires i guess just looking for some pointers that i might look at before going to service department????:dunno

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
First or all, Welcome to SDD oldford. I can suggest a Diesel Fuel Additive like Power Source for the injector problem. I don't have any idea about the transmission problem. Looks like dealer time on that. Good Luck!!

Dave :)

oldford

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I guess Ill find out tomorow thankfully I have warrenty still so it wont come out of my pocket to bad

oldford

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
ok ill make this as short as i can
I had 2 injectors fail the dealer is also telling me i need:
ICP sensor
EBVS sensor
EGR valve
my question is after the injectors failed I was forced to drive approximately 500 miles
1.could driving with bad injectors cause the egr valve to plug and stick open?
2.could a stuck open egr cause the EBVS read bad?
3.why wouldnt a bad ICP sensor throw a check engine light like the bible says?
4.is there a cheaper place to get the sensors if I need to replace them than the dealer I.E. they wnat 350.00 for a egr 180.00 for the ICP and 150 for the EBVS
5.and finally i heard that the ICP sensor was recalled for my truck as was the EBV sensor(which i had replaced this summer)
The truck has 104583 miles on it so im just out of fords warenty and this is on my dime so ANY help is MUCH APPRECIATED!!!! my biggest problem is i need my truck this weekend

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58