Help Needed Transmission kicking out of gear

truetexan84

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Please help. I was driving from south Texas to Montana when about 21 hours (1450 miles) in to my drive when I pulled off the highway to get more diesel. As I pulled in to town and the truck downshifted all the sudden it kicked it out of gear. I let off the accelerator all the way and then the truck went back in to gear and I kept going. The "on light" for the tow/haul mode on the shift lever is now flashing on and off. The truck will kick out of gear while in town but once I get it up to highway speeds it will stay in gear. I will only be up here for 5 more days before I make the 1700 mile trip back down south and the dealership (only place in town that can work on the truck) said it will be another 2 weeks before they are able to look at it.

info on truck: '03 F250, 6.0, auto, 162k miles, checked fluid level in trans and it is full and still red and does not smell burnt

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The flashing Tow/Haul mode light indicates transmission troubles. But you already know this. You had better get it to a transmission shop and soon. I would not drive it very far until you get them to check it out.

Dave :dunno

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58