transmission maint.

fordmedic

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Let me preface this first.I have a 1996 f350 duelly and have done the trani filter and fluid change myself in the past.I love learning about the truck and working on it. My buddy wants to do a trani filter change and fluid, but wants to take it to the stealership. I love a challange and love to save $$ so is itanything lie the 1996's. He is told its worth going to the stealership? I don't think so. any ideas ???????????????/

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
fordmedic,

You didnt state what truck your buddy has, but in my experince..... and automatic trans service is an automatic trans service. Doesnt matter if its an E4OD or a TH350 or a 700R4................ drain fluid/drop pan, change pickup filter unit, put new gasket on pan, rebolt and fill with the proper amount and type of fluid. You can go into greater detail if you want to flushand drain the TC and cooler lines, but its not rocket science by any stretch of the imagination.

JimmyDee

God Bless America
Reaction score
Tranny oil changes are easy to do and I done yourself, you can be sure it is done correctly. Mercon/Dexron III is the proper AFT. If you decide to do it yourself, someone here has written a detailed procedure.
Jim

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58